Thursday, March 21, 2013

Curiosity Strikes: Summer's Desire


Always. Right when I'm in the middle of a million things, something distracts me long enough to grab my attention. Well technically, it was a few days ago. Anyways, I think the only way to keep me sane is to follow the modern then period pattern. Five period dramas in a row is just too many.

Anyways, my sister told me about this drama last year when she saw it, coincidentally, in the summer. I think this drama will be good. Good cast, decent plot, nice budget, if all else fails, the suits in this are nice as heck.

This drama is Summer's Desire 泡沫之夏


Synopsis
Xia Mo and Luo Xi were both orphans adopted by the same family. Their closeness made Ou Chen, Xia Mo's rich boyfriend, increasingly jealous. He forced their separation by sending Luo Xi to study abroad. However, his overbearing behavior only pushed Xia Mo to breakup with him. Heartbroken, he got into a car accident and lost his memory. Five years later, Luo Xi returns as a super star. He reunites with Xia Mo and helps her succeed in the show biz. Just when their relationship seems rosy, it begins to crumple as Ou Chen regains his memory and does everything he can to get Xia Mo back.


This drama was from a manga, I believe, I mean what isn't from a book nowadays? I'm just waiting until they make The Fault in Our Stars a movie because that will be a goldmine. Sorry, there I am going off topic with American related mumbo jumbo. Peter Ho produced this drama. Guy is freaking rich if he can have Huang Xiao Ming and Barbie in this. 

I'm trying to limit into knowing the story because this seems interesting and I don't want it to be ruined.

Barbie Hsu (徐熙媛)  as Xia Mo 尹夏沫

I don't know why but whenever I see her, I am constantly thinking of Mu Cheng (Autumn's Concerto). I'm not sure if it's the hair or the character but something's there. This will be my first ever Barbie related anything. I've always known she was great but Meteor Garden is too old for me to appreciate and I don't know where to start, so why not here?

Peter Ho 何潤東 as Ou Chen 歐辰

He is a pretty decent actor, my sister fell in love with Peter and Huang Xiao Ming after watching this. Way to make me want to watch it more. I first saw him in Butterfly Lovers and he was perfect as Liang Shan Bo, just saying.

Huang Xiao Ming 黄晓明 as Luo Xi 洛熙

This guy doesn't seem to be much of a photogenic but damn, guy is one heck of a moviegenic. He has perfect jawlines, except his buttchin, which luckily he got rid of. As I was watching snipets and browsing through photos, I was thinking DAMN, he plays a good bad boy. Especially with his stare. It was as if he was looking into your soul and saying "You know you want me ;)"

Pictures:



Matching T-Shirts



Perfect picture to describe this drama.
I want those earrings.... :(

So once again, I will be taking yet another break from The Myth to watch another drama.


1 comment:

  1. if you want those earrings you can find them in this link


    http://www.ebay.com/itm/E1108-CUTE-3Tier-Big-Butterfly-Long-Dangle-Earrings-BLACK-/290966609936?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&hash=item43bef62010

    ReplyDelete