Thursday, December 27, 2012

Currently Watching: December 2012



It's currently Winter Break and I just noticed I don't have any posts for December whatsoever. So here goes. Like everything else, nothing interests me that much to keep me intrigued and finish it. I'd be lying if I said I'm not watching it because of Huang Xiao Ming.

Before I get to my thoughts on it, I'll do a little recap on the other things I've watched this month.
First Up
Missing You

This drama topped charts when it first aired and honestly it was adorable when they were kids, until the climax of the story happened. Like I said at first it was good, I actually had to keep making sure the English Subs were up for it every hour. Then a few episodes into them grown up, it got boring. I don't like the fact that they showed it from Jung-Woo's point of view that much, considering that it's really suppose to emphasize on Soo-Yeon's struggle for revenge, which I was right about. They tried to make Jung-Woo too rebellious and portray how he was a victim. Even though he was, they took too much time into his character and not the others, which is in my opinion, more pivotal. There's a reason why I don't Korean dramas anymore and part of it is because it's not fully thought out and executed sloppily. Maybe I'll get back to it when it finishes airing or something, but it's been a few weeks and I still don't have the motivation to go back to it yet.

Second Up

Autumn's Concerto

So I just finished rewatching this and the only reason why it took me so long to finish it was because I made a Pinterest in the middle of watching this, adding an extra and unnecessary two weeks. I love this drama, who doesn't? Oh right..my mom, she's a weirdo. 
The story is in perfect chronology, the actors had perfect on screen chemistry and Ren Xiao Le is a cutie-pa-tootie, so was Chris Wu. Since everyone has already watched it, I don't need to go on.

Third One.
Shanghai Bund


Of course the only reason why I am watching this is because 1. There's nothing else to watch and 2. Huang Xiao Ming. This peace of sexiness is like I said, a peace of sexiness. Honestly those words don't even do him justice, JUST LOOK AT THOSE EYES!! 

Shanghai Bund is the remake of the orginal 1980's version with Chow Yun Fat as the original leading man, and he actually mentored Xiao Ming in this role, it would've been great if he had a cameo. 27 years later, we have this version. 

A story about a scholar who gets expelled from his school due to participating in a protest decides to go to Shanghai to look for his lost love. But due to many change of events and people along the way, he and his new sidekick Ding Li gets sucked into the hustle and bustle of the Shanghai Bund.

No comments:

Post a Comment